The city of Yan'an! About two weekends ago, we (Brad, Ty, Lester, Kalina, and some others including myself) went to a city north of Xi'an. On friday afternoon, we drove about 5 hours and ended up in the mountains. Let me tell you that Yan'an is awesome! Clean air, blue skies, and lots of sunshine. It was good for my soul! I really needed some vacation time. We hadn't had a break since the beginning of February and I was in need of a get away. We got there friday night at about 9pm, so there wasn't much time to do anything. We took a short tour of the campus where our friends teach, and then it was time for bed. Saturday morning we went to a nearby mountain and spent the early part of the day climbing to the top. It was seriously beautiful, breathtaking even. You forget that China is a really beautiful place when all you see is the city. After the hike, we went to the burial site of the real Mulan! Then later that afternoon we walked around with one of our chinese friends, and then had dinner with friends. We then moved onto an English Corner. In Yan'an they have a super awesome cafe where they do their English corner. It was comfortable and a really cool place to talk to the college students! After the cafe we went to a cool little hangout, and I had some really good strawberry milk tea. Sunday morning we got up, and had breakfast with our friends and then later we had lunch. We had these mashed potato dumplings that were super awesome! Yan'an is a super historical place for china, and since those sorts of things are not my expertise, you may refer to Brad's blog on Yan'an for the cool facts that I don't know.
Love from China!
pictures!
8 comments:
I remember that trip like it was yesterday... and yet it was nearly a month ago :P
Thanks for the shout out ;)
I know it's insane...
And what song is the title of the blog supposed to be?! I can't believe you stumped me...
na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye.
sorry that was a bit of a stretch
Hey Cari,
i have been going to almost every thing i can think of to see if i can get you. I have not been to this site untill yesterday. and i spent almost all day at work reading everything. but i hope you see this. when are you coming home. we (me, Ben and Trey) miss you so much and cant wait to see you. Love you girl cant wait to see you!!!!!!!!
Cheryl :-)
love you cheryl! be home soon!
Oh my goodness! I am soooo happy to find your blog! I was Cheryl's house the other day and saw your site! We haven't talked in forever! I have been praying for you!
We have our second daughter from China. We traveled in April. My husband has promised that we will go to Beijing and Xi'an one day!
I would love to talk to you! When do you come to the US?
Talk to you soon!
Stephanie (Cheryl's sister in law)
Post a Comment