Monday, November 17, 2008

Couch Potato doesn't even come close...

This week was totally awesome!

So here is the break-down...


Monday- Same old stuff...school, nap, meeting, and then...we (brad and I) watched the first few episodes of the first season of The Office...

Tuesday-Typical day...School, chinese class, English corner for the second time...still lovin' it! Oh and I got a box from the sta
tes!!!it had my moon and stars blanket in it!!!

Wednesday- My official 3-month anniversary!!!!! School, and then dinner and hot chocolate at the village cafe! Finished the first season of The Office.

Thursday-1/2 day at school with kids, 1/2 day of parent conferences...the way we do things here is quite different from the way they are done in the states. Here we ended the first quarter, and we scheduled parent conferences with every parent! (that wouldn't have been possible at TMS because it would have taken a week instead of two days) So I did meet with all of my parents and I told them how awesome their kids were! I also found out that i am just as loved by my students here as I was at home. One of my kids told their parents that I was awesome and that he thought I was beautiful...now he would probably die if he knew that they told me, so it will never be mentioned. It was nice to hear though. Thursday afternoon, I had chinese class again, she keeps telling me I am a great student, but I still don't know a whole lot. I think I know how to say everything though. Thursday night I cooked dinner and then we started Season 2 of the Office!

Friday- Finished parent conferences...played cards and blokus in my down time...Friday evening, Brad, Carrie J., Vikki and I went to see Aida- a broadway musical. It was just okay. I didn't want to stand up and cheer at the end or anything...to be honest-it was a descent story, but the way it was done was just weird...Before the show we went to a really awesome restaurant that had a gourmet buffet. It was tasty! Then we came home and watched more of The Office...

Saturday- this is the first saturday in a few weeks that I haven't had to get up early...so I slept until 11! I got up and talked to my mom on skype, heated up leftovers for lunch...Then that afternoon, Brad, Zach, Carrie B. and I went to see the new Bond movie! It was so nice to go to the movies! I have really missed that. The theater we went to was super awesome. It was a bigger screen than what we have at home I think, but I'm not sure. The movie was awesome, but mostly I loved it cause it felt like home! After that we had dinner and ice cream at Dairy Queen! What next? you might ask...You know what next...The Office of course...we finished Season 2!

Sunday-slept late again! awesome!!!!!got up took a shower, got lunch (we ordered way more than we meant to) went to the meeting...went to the village cafe for a large hot chocolate this time! back home for more of....you guessed it...The Office. Started Season 3.

So this week I have spent many of my hours watching something...not sure if it is so healthy, but it has been lots of fun! I miss you all very much, but i love being here...

Brad has info about the stuff we did this week on his blog, so instead of doing all of that work, I will just refer you to his blog :)

Neither one of us took real pictures this week, sorry:(

Love from China!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry it took so long but I am glad you got your blanket. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading you blogs each week. Miss you lots. Love you!

Anonymous said...

So glad you have your blankie I love you Nina