Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Beijing and Beyond!


Well really just Beijing, not beyond.

Even though I was on crutches the whole time I was in Beijing, and I wasn't able to do quite as much as I would have liked to, Beijing was amazing!

We flew out on Friday night, had a short layover in the middle of nowhere also known as a small city called Zhong Wei...we arrived in Beijing at about 1am, tired but excited to be there!

Saturday we went to the Great Wall, Tiananmen Square, and Outback Steak House. In case you forgot, we don't have many American restaurants in Xian so eating at those in Beijing is a part of the vacation!
We had a great time at the wall and were able to get a bunch of great pictures! Oh yea, I almost forgot...to get up to the wall we took a ski lift and to get down, we tobogganed back down...it was really fun!

Sunday, we were able to go to a Foreign Fellowship for Easter!!! It was a great service! I was thankful to be able to celebrate with such a diverse group of people! Then, after the service, we went to eat at Pete's Tex Mex...Mexican food is definitely what I miss the most. It comes in a close third after my family and friends :) That afternoon, Carrie B. and I went to the pearl market to do a little shopping!

Monday, we did a little more shopping and touring and then headed back toward Xian. It was a fast trip, but well worth it!

No comments: