At the end of March, my family again was hit with tragedy. One of my cousin's twins passed away. John Michael was 3.5 months old when he went to heaven. This is tragic no matter what the situation, but as you probably know, my family has experienced much tragedy in the last year and a half. This is really hard news to take especially when you live in a different country. This has been really hard on everyone. For most of us (including myself), it was hard to continue believing that God is good when there is so much sadness. Your faith is really tested in trials like these. But even with the testing of our faith, it is natural to ask why things like this happen. I know that for a little while and maybe even still a little, I was angry. Mostly, I was angry and upset that, yet again, my family was dealing with what seemed like useless tragedy. Some days I really wish that I could get a hold of the big picture so that maybe I could understand why we are going through this, but through a couple of events I have realized that I don't need to know all of the answers. Also, if I did have all of the questions answered, that might not make anything better...I'll tell you about a few things that have made dealing with this a little bit easier for me in the next blog.
Please continue to pray for my family whenever you think about us. There are still days where the weight of the sorrow feels like too much to bare.
Much Love from China!
No comments:
Post a Comment