So as you may have guessed, on Monday I visited the terra-cotta warriors!!!
Monday!--I was first privileged to be invited to a birthday brunch for brad. The parents of one of his students took Brad, TJ and myself to a really nice hotel where there was a really awesome Cantonese restaurant. We got to try lots of really awesome food!! Then from there we went to see the terra-cotta warriors a.k.a. the 8th wonder of the ancient world! It was definitely amazing... And if that wasn't enough for the day, we got dinner at the indian restaurant and then caught the fountain show at the pagoda.
Tuesday!--I officially told my boss that I would be teaching here again next year! Don't worry I will come home for about a month during the summer...Went to chinese class, I am learning a whole lot of stuff now. I am trying really hard to remember it all too! Dinner with some friends!
Wednesday!- We had an english corner christmas party!!! It was awesome..we had lots of fun telling the students about our family traditions and singing christmas songs...we also did a little making gravy there too! They thought it was hilarious. I love english corner. I feel like that is where most of my chinese friends will come from...I am planning to hang out with them soon!
Thursday!- School, Chinese class! a great nap...
Friday!- Today(also my 4 month chinaversary), School!...Dinner at our favorite hu tong place with brad and tj cause today was tj's last day in xian :( He and brad are on their way to a few days in beijing...TJ flies out on Tuesday, and then brad will come back to xian...I know what you are thinking...what ever will I do because brad will be gone for four days!?! (use your dramatic voice). Well for starters tomorrow I am going shopping, then tomorrow night I may give myself a haircut, or go get it cut...who knows. this adventure is up to me!
love from china
click on the words that are underlined for the pics of the week!
3 comments:
Oh wow! The warriors were awesome. We went to the B'ham Museum and saw some when they were here but it in no way compares to the real thing! That's amazing that you got to go!!! I'm excited for you. Hugs to you! Ms. Jane
What are the wavey things? Ms. Jane
what wavey things?
Post a Comment