This blog is a little behind schedule, so I am actually talking about the first week in December!
Monday-December 1- School as usual. Had an early birthday dinner with brad (his bday was dec. 5th) Then I went to begin decorating for the festivities of the weekend...woohoo!
Tuesday-December 2- My mom's bday!-School, chinese class, and then a meeting...oh and T.J.-brad's brother arrived in Xi'an!
Wednesday-December 3-School, went and did some more decorating! This was when I began to feel the holiday rush...I was needing to buy some more stuff for the weekend, so I made a b-line for a place called ren ren le, but first I had McDonalds for dinner! Then I shopped for about two hours, and found most of what I was looking for!!!
Thursday- December 4- School, chinese class, and then more shopping! this time I was with brad and tj...we found pecans and some dvd's and had subway for dinner! The picture above was taken while on our shopping adventure!
This weekend is monumental for us in China...we call it Christgiving! This is a time when we celebrate thanksgiving and christmas together as a big group. Friday night is game night, Saturday is Thanksgiving, and Sunday is Christmas!
Friday- December 5- School, We had a small bday party for brad in his classroom (don't worry we will celebrate again because his birthday weekend was super busy!), and then the fun of the weekend began. Friday night was game night!!!
Many of the people that I know here got together to play games...We had lots of fun and then decorated for Saturday a.k.a. Thanksgiving!!! Then I came home, and made chocolate stuff (which was a hit by the way)!
Saturday-December 6- Thanksgiving!?! We had the whole spread and then some...In the afternoon, we played games and then had like a variety show...for all of my friends from mo town, there was some making gravy going on! FYI Making Gravy was a skit that we did a whole lot when I was in college. It is just funny and stupid...the crowd went wild. After all of the festivities, we decorated for Christmas and then went home to cook some more!
Sunday-December 7- Christmas!?! We had brunch...and then a speaker and some Christmas Carols...a little more of a variety show, and then we opened presents! I got an awesome necklace from Carrie J.! Then we cleaned up and went home to crash!!!
Monday-December 8- no school!!!the other details will be included in the next blog!
love from china
a few pics!
No comments:
Post a Comment