Monday, March 2, 2009

Mud Crabs



I did forget one story...There was one afternoon that I was napping on the beach kinda late around 4pm. When I woke up, I was surrounded by these mud crabs ( I don't know if that is their real name, but I heard someone call them that.) It was a little creepy when I first looked up, but I realized that they weren't crawling on me or on my blanket so I was cool...there were thousands of them! they are comparable to a medium-sized spider. It was really interesting. I watched them eat, and what they would do is rake food into their mouth, and then the extras or sand and dirt that they had sifted through would come out the top of their head. They would scrape it off and put it behind them. That is why the ground looks like a lot of little balls of sand. That is what they have already sifted through. I thought this was really cool, so I took a short video of it...enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:( I couldn't get the video to play because I didn't have a log in name and password. That sounds creepy though.

Cari said...

sorry! I will fix it