This will be a very short blog about a few things I have learned and am living here in china...I will probably keep adding to this one!
1. IN---polluted air/smog/dust....OUT---black boogers!(don't worry mom I use a tissue almost every time, and at least some of it is not going into my lungs!)
2. IN---bad chinese or western food....OUT---diarrhea! (they share the glory of causing digestive issues)
3. IN---smell of stinky doufu (smell could be compared to serious BO)...OUT---Vomit if I am not careful to hold my nose and/or not breath in.
There may be others later...
Also other fun facts:
I can't flush toilet paper, I just save it as though it were a treasure, and then when my trash can is full of used toilet paper, I throw it all away and begin collecting more treasure...
People spit here...a lot... you can hock a loogie anywhere you want to basically, so walking down the street, it is not uncommon to hear someone getting a loogie ready, this is one of the things that grosses me out the most...it is the sound not the spit...
Babies have split pants not diapers...so yea, the crotch of their pants is not sewn together... this way they can squat whenever and wherever they like...I think it makes potty training faster and cheaper, but probably messier.
Vegetables and Fruits must be washed/soaked in soapy water...because many farmers use human fertilizer...yummy!
Everyone here wears long johns...even now when it is still 70-80 degrees outside they have them on...today I saw a man with his pants legs pulled up and his long johns were bright red...They probably think I am a freak with my short sleeves and sandals.
Even with all of this, I really love it here!
love from china!