Thursday, October 30, 2008

The remainder of my Birthday Week!


Ok so the rest of the week was super awesome too!...I didn't do much on wednesday, but thursday we went to Joe's cafe because that was the day Brad's computer died, and therefore he needed a happy place so Joe's it was...then we got ice cream and walked a while...I bought some new shoes (which I didn't know I would be able to do)...Friday was a typical day at school, but after school we went to a place called Paper Street...the reason for the name is because every store on the street sold paper...all different kinds. We had gone to get paper for a serious project (I will talk about that in the next blog)...moving on...

Saturday, I went to an orphanage here in xian. Some of my friends and I went to do a short program-teaching some english, and to take them about a month's worth of food! It was a really awesome experience and I think I will get to go about once a month....I don't have many pictures yet, but when I do get them I will let you know.


Saturday night. Partaaay...we went to dinner at the place without the pictures that I have been to a few times. The first dish
that we got was a dish that had the chinese characters for fire, mountain, and snow...So it turns out that it is a mountain of tomatoes (fire) with sugar on top(snow). It was really yummy, but the sugar was a little weird...we got some other good food too! Then we went bowling!!!...It was a small alley (8 lanes), but it was really almost just like home....minus the bar, and the arcade, and the greasy food...the bowling felt exactly the same...It was a really awesome birthday and I am really glad we found a place that feels like home.



One more thing...I got lots of fabulous presents...an abacus necklace and flowers(carrie b. and zach), a picture of giraffes (sherry), dinner with friends (jenee),...etc...but the one that was the most thoughtful was the chalkboard that brad got me...I have been talking about how I love chalkboards, and now I have one...there is a picture of it below..


And that is the end of a really really awesome birthday week. love from china!

Pictures from this week!

No comments: