Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Nose Bling *



*For my readers who are not familiar with the word "bling" let me explain!
Cari's Definition- something sparkly that is usually a piece of jewelry. Sometimes bling could also include items like gold teeth, etc...

So here's the story. About a year ago, I was a rock star for halloween (the top picture), and at that time I decided to be a real rock star I needed nose jewelry. So I found a fake stick on nose ring and used it for that night only...picture above. I never really considered getting a real one because in my profession it might not have been an acceptable piece of jewelry at work...So when I got to china, I found out that there was someone here that wanted one too, and she had found somewhere clean to get it done...So we were talking about it and she said it was okay to wear it to school. So then I decided for sure that I wanted one! The day after my birthday, I gave myself a nose piercing (a present to myself I mean). There have been some funny incidences since then though.

On the next monday, I was in the shower and my nose ring fell out! I couldn't find it for a minute, but when I did I immediately put it back in. Then I thought "eww, bath water!" so I took it back out and cleaned it...when I went to put it back in, I couldn't get it all the way through! I spent about half an hour trying to get it back in...I got it back in by the time my first class came to my room...it was painful though...because I had to pierce it again myself..yikes I know!

Then the next monday, a few days ago, I went to a meeting. I was wiping my nose because I had snot, and it came out, but I didn't feel it come out! So I looked frantically for about 3 minutes and then ran to the bathroom to check my clothes and make sure it wasnt there. In the bathroom, I also put my large hoop earring through the hole so it wouldn't close. I looked so weird...Several people helped me to look for about 10 minutes, and we still didn't find it. Finally we got some flashlights and I spotted it. I grabbed it and ran to the bathroom...It went back in without any problems! So now it has a back on it...I hope I don't breath it in...

This has been an adventure! I love my nose bling!!!!!

Here are about 50 pictures of myself and my nose bling...I know its a lot, but I wanted to make sure I got some good shots and a lot of them were good so....

here it is!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Lots of pics of your nose!! I think I did spot some microspopic boogies in a couple!:0)

Cari said...

probably...I do try to keep it clean though.